Shoei RF-SR Helmet
The Shoei RF-SR Helmet takes every step possible to deliver a quiet, comfortable ride. The CWR-1 shield is held firmly against the eyeport using a constant tension-sprung hinge design, dramatically reducing wind ingress opportunities. The exterior shell of the RF-SR is wind tunnel optimized and manufactured in multiple sizes to keep the outer envelope as small as possible. A smaller exterior shell translates directly into less turbulence, neck strain, and total weight. Elements of the padded liner are interchangeable to dial in the perfect fit. Each RF-SR is handmade in Japan to the highest standards and easily surpasses DOT and SNELL M2015 safety certifications.
Aerodynamic Shell Design:
- Aerodynamic properties maximized through extensive wind tunnel and feedback from professional riders
- Dual-Layer EPS liner enhances impact absorption and ventilation
- Four shell and six EPS liner sizes increase fit options that help to fit most head sizes comfortably
- Two upper air intake vents are positioned to maximize air volume into the helmet interior; hot air is exhausted through the top outlet for a more comfortable ride.
- The lower intake vent absorbs air exhaled from the mouth to help eliminate shield fogging.
- Breath guard and chin curtain included
Lightweight Advanced Integrated Matrix Plus (AIM+):
- High-performance fiber materials are combined with extremely elastic organic fibers to create a shell structure that is ultra-lightweight, rigid, and resilient
- The entire interior lining (cheek pads, upper liner, and chin strap covers) can be removed for cleaning. The center and cheek pads can be replaced with optional thicknesses for a customizable fit.
- E.Q.R.S. (Emergency Quick Release System) allows emergency medical personnel to easily remove the cheek pads from an injured rider’s helmet, enabling the helmet to be more easily removed from the head
- Removable ear pads, a breath guard, and a chin curtain provide extra comfort.
- Standard chin strap clip neatly secures chin strap
CWR-1 Shield and QR-E System:
- CWR-1 shield features ribs along the top and bottom to improve rigidity and eliminate bending from wind pressure during opening and closing
- Improved window beading features dual-layered dual-lip construction, ensuring a windproof and waterproof seal with every closure.
- The locking mechanism quickly engages the shield lock when fully closed
- Pinlock pins and EVO fog-resistant lens insert included
- Spring-loaded base plates offer quick shield changes
- Five-stage rotating dial allows fine-tuning of the base plate for easy shield adjustments
- QR-E closure system allows for tool-less shield removal and installation and provides an air-tight seal intended to minimize wind noise significantly